Webometrics Ranking of World Universities is a ranking system for world universities. The ranking is published by Cybermetrics Lab Webometrics, a research group of the Spanish National Research Council based in Madrid. The rating appeared in 2004 and is updated twice a year. Today, this rating is considered one of the most authoritative.
The purpose of the rating is to increase the presence of academies and research institutes in the Internet space and to promote open publication of the results of scientific activities.
Methods and approaches for evaluating educational institutions are in line with the Berlin Principles for ranking higher education institutions. These principles have been developed, agreed upon and validated as the basis for comparative studies of national higher education systems by the International Ranking Expert Group. According to these principles, there are more than 20,000 higher education institutions in the world today. From this worldwide database, 12,000 are included in the Webometrics ranking.
Webometrics makes it possible to judge the national system of higher education not by individual leading universities, but by the totality of its constituent universities. The ratio of the number of universities included in the rating to the total number of higher education institutions in the national education system is the most important indicator of the scale of the national higher education system, its integrity and readiness to accept new educational technologies.
According to the Webometrics Ranking of World Universities, Ulyanovsk State Technical University demonstrates a high level of scientific activity and presence in the Internet space and ranks 3205 in this ranking, ahead of both local universities and many well-known universities in other regions and countries.
For example, some Russian universities in this ranking:
- Moscow National Research University MPEI - 2457
- Samara State Technical University - 2853 place
- Volgograd State Technical University - 3049 place
- Ulyanovsk State Technical University - 3205 place
- Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University R.E. Alekseev - 3469 place
- National Research Irkutsk State Technical University - 3471 places
- Kazan National Research Technological University - 3650 place
- Voronezh State Technical University - 3729 place
- Tambov State Technical University - 3874 place
- Moscow National Research University MIET - 4188
- Ulyanovsk State University - 4219 place
- Lipetsk State Technical University - 4254 place
- Moscow State Technological University Stankin - 4460 place
- Saratov State Technical University named after Yuri Gagarin - 4758 place
- Ulyanovsk State Pedagogical University I.N. Ulyanova - 6272 place
- Ulyanovsk State Agricultural Academy P.A. Stolypin - 9610 place